Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Switch-a-roo...


Sydney made a switch-a-roo! I traded my violin in for a claranet this year. In fourth grade band wasn't an option. The day I got it, when I opened the case, I was surprised. It had five parts to put together. When I got home I put it all together and I realized it had so many keys. I haven't brought it to band class yet but from my experiences with violin i know how to play hot cross buns and mary had a little lamb. I'm so excited to take it to band.

4 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

I am so excited for you.. I look forward to hearing you play. You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to play an instrument and know how to read music. It totally escapes me and I love music I just do not have a talent for it so I am very glad my grandkids do. Thank You

Emily said...

I hope you enjoy the clarinet. I used to play saxaphone and they are very similar. I wish I had more musical ability also. I'll be anxious to hear you play someday.

Kristen said...

That looks fun Syd. Good idea. You are multi-talented. You know you are increasing your intelligence by playing and instrument! Thanks for blogging! We like to be updated on your life down there in Kansas!

Samantha Hussong said...

hey Sid I am will your grandma - I tried the clarinet one summer and couldn't make any noise so I was put in the gym with just the mouth piece and still wasn't able to do it so lets just say band wasn't my thing. Good job!