Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twilight

So for those of you who know me know that i dont read much, hardly ever. So last week when me and Korin had our week at grandpa and grandmas house we went shopping in Souix Falls and we had never been to a Barnes and Nobles store before so grandma took us there. My mom said that if we find a book we wanted we could get it. Korin picked out a book called "Id Tell You I Loved You But Then I'd Have To Kill You" and liked it. I on the other hand had a hard time chosin a book i wanted shocker i kno i had to many options. I found a book series that look interesting it was called "Vampire Kisses" well the series was and i showed grandma and she said that if i liked books like that (which i do) then i should read the twilight series which my aunt Krissy had said was an awesome series to read but it didnt sound good to me (i was wrong) so my grandma showed me them and i thought sure why not give them a try and Korin wanted to read them when i was done so i said she could. So i got twilight but i couldnt start readin it yet because i had to finish the book i was reading("That Summer" by Sarah Dessen) first then.....i had to start and finish my 291 page book i had to read for school called "They Cage The Animals At Night" by Jennings Michael Burch and i was mad that i had to read a book over summer for school but i could not put this book down no matter how hard i tryed it was just to good. It was sad and its a true story and just way to good i read it in 2 days at the least! So finally i was done with both those books and by then i didnt have a whole lot of time to read so i was home before i started reading "Twilight". We got home Sunday night and i had started readin it in the car on the way home but couldnt concentrate because everyone kept talking i meen really the only time i need it to be quiet everyone decideds to talk....but i was good right away. My mom was in shock the next day when all i did was lay on the couch all day and read my book i didnt watch T.V. or go on the computer till night time she says shes never seen me so interested in a book before and its true! i read most of the book on Monday. That night my mom went to bed at 10:45 and i decided i was going to my bedroom and read till i got tired so i read from then to 12:55 cause one i wasnt tired and the book was just gettin way to good and suspenful and i couldnt sleep without knowin what was going to happen but then i remember i had my school enrolment and i had to wake up early the next morning so i somehow found a stopping point and went to bed and i wanted to know what was goin to happen thats probubly why it took me so long to go to sleep ad right away in the mornin when i woke up i started readin again and by this time i didnt have much left so i was decideing if i wanted to keep readin or try and make the book last longer because i didnt have the second one and i decided to go that way but it was harder than my computer withdrowls when i get grounded but i couldnt wait any longer so with my money from my grades i decided to go and buy the sencond book and i finished "Twilight" and am started on "New Moon" but im not that far yet cause i couldnt start it right away but i think its going to be done soon then i can get the third and the fourth book that comes out Friday :D! So Krissy looks like you were right this book series is awesome! and thanks grandma for telling me i should get the book! BTW i sounded like korin talking bout books today it was scary!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Good for you Courtney! It sounds like you read 3 books in less than a week. I bet your mom was in shock. I have heard that "They Cage the Animals at Night" is really good and that is on my list to read or maybe I'll by the book cd as I don't read much either. I was just watching the channel E and they had a little special on the Twilight series. I guess they are making all the books into movies like Harry Potter. The first movie comes out this December with the second movie already finished as well and soon to follow. Have fun reading...

Kristen said...

I am soooo proud of you Courtney. I started to love around your age maybe a little younger. I lauged so hard when you said you were like Korin, talking about books. That is funny. I will bring Eclipse with me today. See you tonight. Happy reading!

Kathy Koch said...

I am so glad you are enjoying reading I have always love to read and sometimes it is the most relaxing thing you can do. I love it when a book is sooo good you cannot put it down.
I hated to admit that Kris was right about the twilight series but she sure was..

Samantha Hussong said...

Okay I don't read but sounds like I need to check into reading these books. I know kris wasn't able to put it down when we were in Florida but just thought she was crazy.

Kristen said...

Waiting to hear about your thoughts about Eclipse...are you done yet? Breaking Dawn is also very good! Long, though!