Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sunday the Day of Rest?

Last Sunday when me, mom and my sisters got home from church i looked at my phone. i saw that i had a text message from my friend allison. it said are you home from church yet and it was kinda funny cause she sent it at 10:30 which is when our church starts. so i said i am now and she called but i had my phone on silent so she called my house phone. she asked if i wanted to go to manhattan with her and her 17 year old senior sister. there mommy would not be attending and still my mommy said i could go even megan(allisons sister) thought that was pretty amazing but mom likes their family. megan picked me up at around 12:30 an hour after we got home from church but allison was not there cause she wasnt ready.

After we picked up allison we were on the road. megan is going to k-state next year which is in mahattan so we drove around the campus a bit and it looks really cool. we didnt really know our way around town so we got a little lost a couple times. we went to the mall for a while and drove around the town for another while then we stopped at Chipotle and ate the stopped at Cold Stone for amazing ice cream! we had to go back so we could be back in town by seven cause mom wouldnt let me skip cyo to spend quality time with my best friend.

So we got back at seven and they dropped me off at my church. i got there and we talked about upcoming stuff thats happening which i got tricked into working at this carnival thing and sence i AM FOR SURE going to NCYC in kansas city in november with 5 other people in my group outa alot. so i had to give him $90 that was burning a hole in my pocket at american eagle, hollister, and aero all day long. after we talked we did trust exercises...we fell backwards off a chair that was on the table and the other people in our group had to catch us. it was pretty scary i do have to say knowing some people in my group but i acctually did it and it was pretty fun! so i got home sometime after 8:30 and went right to bed!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Courtney, it sounds like you have been very busy. I love to read your posts! You are becoming a great writer. See....your mom is trusting you more and more. My good friend lives in Manhattan!

Kathy Koch said...

Congrats that you FOR SURE going to nykc I think that is what it was called.
I am very proud of you and your mom for taking another big step on your road to becoming a young adult.
I am glad it went to well now she will be more open to other adventures for you..
That trust exercise at church sounds a little scary but then I guess that is what building trust is all about You sound like you have a pretty cool church group.

Kristen said...

hi courtney I am so excited to see you at the hotel next friday.

p.s thank you for coming to my baptism.
from' kaydree.