Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Church Hide-n-Go Seek?

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton So this last Sunday here my CYO group had a fun night thing where we played hide and go seek through out the WHOLE entire church everysingle part of it except outside and the chapel where people pray all the time. At first i was really excited and wanted to go so bad cause it cause the other kids made it sounds acctually really fun but when the day came i was like do i really have to go and my mom is like yes courtney you have to go so i was like fine....so i was gettin ready and stuff and i got there and there were about...15 kids boys and girls.
Firstly we played boys against girls and the boys got to hide first which i wish girls coulda cuz all the lights were off so it was kinda scary looking for them. When it was the girls' turn they decided since im the littlest that they would stick me in this box thing so i was like oh great...it was very uncomfortable sqeezed in a little box and my elbow and side hurt so bad but i was afraid to move cuz i didnt wanna get caught. I ended up being the first one caught because this kid was gunna hide there the first time but was to big.
Then we played where 2 people hid and when you found them you hid with them till there are two people left and they ended up hiding in this little closet thing so i was like haha thats smart lol but it worked out good i guess. After that 2 people were seeking and these girls were like come hide with us so i went with them but they hid in the most obvious place so i hid by myself. I went up these stairs and it must have been newly constructed casue it was just wooden and i thought they would never find me if i hid behind the airvent things so i crawled behind them(not good idea i got saw dusty all over my jeans) and they didnt find me i was the 3rd to last one to get found i woulda been the last but these two kids found a way to hid in the cieling which one of them broke the cieling tile and were all dusty and stuff it was nasty. we hid one last time but they set the seekers out to fast so i didnt even get to hid but yeah.
I am really glad i went and i hope that they have more nights like that because it is really fun and i would go everytime if they had it! oh by the way the picture is my church and we hid in that whole thing but it got cut off a little bit. Acctually alot a bit.

4 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Wow sounds like a lot of fun and I am glad you decided to go or your mom decided you should go. You had fun and I would bet it was a very unique religion get together...
I have seen your church and it is very big and I would have been alittle scared to go off by myself. Sounds like not only did you have fun hiding you also did your good deed by cleaning up some hard to get to places.....Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Emily said...

Oh - I remember those days of church activites and "lock-ins". They never sound like too much fun before but once you get there, it turns out they are alot of fun. Your church looks pretty neat - doesn't look like a normal Catholic Church.

Kristen said...

I remember having those nights and getting Little Ceasars pizza... so fun. I am glad you liked it!

Samantha Hussong said...

Wow what a pretty church. Last year I chaperoned (sp?) at my church lock in the they played hide and seek in the dark - lets just say I stayed in the kitchen area with the light on. I'm glad you had fun and maybe next time you can talk more people into going since you had so much fun.